Tuesday, July 17, 2012

3rd Tattoo Work: Mistakes


Hi there guys! I know it’s been ages since my last post, I have been very busy at work and I was not able to write anything.  Also, I have moved into a different location that is why I have to setup everything and that includes my internet connection and etc. Moving on, I have a new tattoo work and it’s my first portrait ( I considered it as a portrait). Please remember that I’m still a beginner when it comes to tattoo stuff liek this, I haven’t reached 10 tattoo work yet, as you can see .this is my 3rd tattoo work ( see image below).  I just like share my experience for those guys who are like me that are still practicing.



I saw this design into a 2x2 sticker and I have to re draw it to make it bigger, well,, I guess it looked nice. My mistakes in this tattoo are the outlines.. my friend told me that never ever do outlines on the face if it’s a portrait. Especially the nose part, eyebrow and lips. To be exact, here are the words he told me.

“#1 rule of portraits DONT OUTLINE you can use a tight 3 on parts of the eyes but that’s it realism is REAL as in you dont have a outline like a color book on your face.


In this tattoo, I have used a 3 round liner or 3RL for outlining and 15RM or 15 Round Magnum for shading. The ink I used is Dynamic Black. I hope you like it.  

1 comment: